Hey, Indiana teachers! It’s time to RISE Above! This set of planning sheets, checklists, and reference guides will help you conquer the RISE evaluation process and improve your teaching.
In its simplest form, RISE asks us to:
• Use backward design to prepare instructional units. (Domain 1: Planning 10%)
• Teach thorough, engaging lessons. (Domain 2: Instruction 75%)
• Get involved in school-wide efforts to improve student learning. (Domain 3: Leadership 15%)
Planning and instruction make up 85% of your total score! These two tools will help you create thorough, appropriate units with engaging, student-centered lessons:
• Unit Planner – Use backward design to plan your unit with this straightforward unit planner. Simply list the standard, convert it into a student-friendly objective, find or create an assessment, and select appropriate learning activities.
• Lesson Planner – RISE asks teachers to employ many teaching strategies. This lesson planner will help you hit them all!
Two more tools will ensure that you’ve covered all your bases:
• Competency Checklists – Seven pages of checklists provide “unwrapped” competencies in clear, teacher-friendly language. Indicators for Domains 1 (Planning) and 3 (Leadership) also have a space for you to list evidence you will submit.
• Competencies “In A Nutshell” – This handy reference guide states each competency in the simplest possible terms.
Click on Preview above to view samples of the templates.
Do you need more guidance for RISE? Check out my free website, Teachers RISE Above
Do you love this resource but need help paying for it? When your school signs up for TpT for Schools, you can request resources to be purchased by your school. Share this video
with your administrator to get the conversation started.