Answering questions has gone digital! Everything you need for teaching and/or practicing Common Core State Standards RL.4.1 and RL.5.1 is included in one handy website.
Tasks in this unit require each student to read closely, look back in the text for evidence, write a topic sentence that answers the question, paraphrase evidence, cite (fourth grade) and quote (fifth grade) the text, and wrap up the answer with a conclusion.
If your students have access to computers, they can view stories, questions, videos, and guiding documents online. If your students don’t have access to computers, you can download, print, and distribute all of the resources. This product organizes resources for teaching students to answer questions, and it’s ready for the future of 1:1 learning. Two separate websites are available to you: a complete teacher module and a student module with only the materials the student will need.
• Instructions for the teacher
• Five excerpts from The Wind in the Willows, each written at three levels (A – challenging, B – on-level, C – remedial), available to view online or to download
• Two questions for each excerpt (with and without guiding checklists), available as Google docs or downloads
• Videos (online) or PowerPoint presentations (linked) for direct instruction
• Help page with links for guidance with each step
• Rubrics – one for fourth grade and one for fifth grade
• Video links for full-text multi-media presentation of related sections of The Wind in the Willows
For a look at all of the components, watch this video
I’m going paperless this year! Won’t you join me?
Additional digital literature units will be available soon. Click on Follow Me to be notified as they are posted.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching