RL.4.2 Printables include posters, worksheets, and rubrics that address Common Core State Standard Reading Literature 4.2. These generic printables are ready to use any day or every day to help your students summarize and find a theme.
This module includes:
• Two posters that provide steps for summarizing and finding a theme.
• Three modeling posters that use The Cat in the Hat as a sample text.
• One worksheet (with answers) that gives students practice identifying main points and details in order to summarize.
• A summary planning sheet that teaches students to identify what happened in a story, cross of unnecessary details, combine events that go together, and write a summary.
• A theme planning sheet that teaches students to locate connected details in the text, determine a theme, craft a topic sentence and a concluding sentence, and write a complete paragraph to explain the theme.
• Two rubrics: one for summarizing and one for finding a theme.
For a complete unit on theme, including a PowerPoint for direct instruction, stories and organizers for guided and independent practice, and assessment, try RL.4.2 Finding a Theme Lesson Plans
Click on Follow Me to be notified as new products are published.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching