- Strengthen your students' comprehension by providing the necessary tools to help them master some of the most difficult literature standards. This standards-based bundle includes many engaging activities that will help empower your students' to dig deeper into the stories they read, as well as make$26.25$18.00Save $8.25
- Product Description
Engage your students in analyzing characters (traits & feelings), settings, and events while building critical vocabulary that is key to understanding these literary elements. This standards-based toolkit contains all the essential resources for guiding students in examining important details to better understand and describe characters, settings, and events in depth.
This toolkit is part of a 4th grade literature standards BUNDLE for over a 30% discount.
The graphic organizers, interactive notebook template activities, vocabulary templates, and journal activities are specifically designed for teaching RL4.3, yet are versatile and can be used with any story/passage or in any instructional setting, whether it be with read alouds, guided reading, independent reading, partner reading, during listening center, or even as formative assessments.
The posters will become students' go-to resource for identifying and using specific language to describe characters’ traits and feelings, as well as the mood and tone of story settings and events. This kit also includes four task card center activities to give students additional practice with this standard.
This individual toolkit includes:
✅One Character Traits Poster- organized so that opposite traits are adjacent to each other for students' easy reference
✅One Character Feelings Poster- designed to help students be more specific when describing a character's feelings
✅One Setting Poster- defines this element and how it helps the reader
✅One Mood Poster- defines and gives common lists of words to describe the mood created by the setting
✅8 Graphic Organizers for the purpose of teaching this standard
✅Student bookmarks for independent reading reference/response to reading
✅2 Foldable activities for students' reading notebooks
✅4 RL 4.3 Journal Activities for student response to independent reading. (Cut to fit in reading composition journal. Can be reused throughout the year for different books or lessons.)
✅Traits and Feelings Vocabulary Activities for interactive / reader's notebook
✅Traits and Feelings Assessment Checks
✅4 Reading Center Task Activities for identifying and inferring traits & feelings (a scaffold approach)
Each Center Task includes:
- Center task directions for students (colored copy)
- A set of 12 Task Cards (colored version & a blackline versions)
- Two types of answer forms- students can match by number and record on an answer form or cut and paste matches to record
- Answer key
Note: all posters, graphic organizers, journal activities and center tasks materials are labeled with the specific common core standard for your convenience.
☕ Center Task Cards are already mismatched for your convenience, so there is very little prep time.
See what other teachers are saying about this resource:
Carly De Leeuw wrote: "Great for plot elements and paying close attention to each of these elements. Provides a good foundation for looking at how they each interact with the other."
Patricia M. wrote: "I used this mostly for end-of-the-year review, but am looking forward to incorporating this into our study of plot elements. This is truly a great resource!"
Ashleigh Lacey wrote: "This is by far the best resource I have found to help my students apply this standard! Thank you!"
Ashley S. wrote: "This is a fantastic resource for getting students to look at spicier words and depth of characters, events and settings."
Passport to Teaching Wrote: "This was a great and thorough product. I heard some really good conversations from my students during the matching activity."
Alixandre S. wrote: "This resource requires students to think critically about feelings and thoughts! Thanks!"
I highly suggest checking out my Theme & Message Toolkit for continued success in teaching these standards.
Needing some Ready-to-Go, detailed lessons to ignite your reading program? All you have to do is print and go!
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Follow Me to receive 50% OFF new resources during the first 24 hours of their upload. You will also receive TpT email updates about this store and other resources available with exclusive links.
- Subscribe to my website for engaging teaching ideas and to receive exclusive freebies.
- Follow me on Instagram for engaging activities and helpful teaching tips.
- Follow me on Pinterest for other teaching ideas.