This is a wonderful PowerPoint that teaches the basics of RNA and Transcription. This is more than just a list of bulleted facts. This PowerPoint is full of engaging graphics and animations that better aid in comprehension. The PowerPoint begins by discussing the basic structure of RNA. Next, the types of RNA are introduced (mRNA, tRNA, rRNA). At the end, the students are taught the process of transcription. All the images used are in the “public domain” so there is no worry of copyright infringement.
You can view this entire PowerPoint on my YouTube page. However, if you purchase this item the PowerPoint will NOT be narrated. You still have to do the teaching yourself (LOL). But at least you can see exactly what you will get with this purchase before you decide. The YouTube address is:
There are 3 files included in this purchase:
1) The PowerPoint
2) Student worksheet (Word format)
3) Student worksheet (PDF format)
The free student worksheet is a "fill-in-the -blank" style handout that you can have your students use as you share the presentation with them. It helps to focus their attention as you present.
Are you looking for other DNA based lessons?
DNA Based PowerPoint Presentations:
* DNA and Replication PowerPoint
* RNA and Transcription PowerPoint
* Translation and Protein Synthesis PowerPoint
* DNA Mutations PowerPoint
DNA Based Review Games
* DNA Jeopardy Game
* DNA Bingo Game
* DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Challenge Game
* DNA Review Packet
DNA based Interactive Tutorials:
* Transcription Interactive Tutorial
* Translation Interactive Tutorial
DNA based activities:
* Translation Paper Model Activity