Romeo and Juliet Figurative Language Worksheets, Tests, and Game Board
Here is an activity packet with a board game, 3 tests and worksheets that introduces your students to the various types of figurative language found in Acts I + II of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare.
Students learn and track figurative language such as simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, oxymoron, paradox, and synecdoche. This activity packet contains,
1) A Romeo and Juliet Figurative Language Board Game
Do your students have difficulty understanding and identifying figurative language? Are they tired of worksheets? Well in addition to these worksheets and tests there is a colorful board game containing 23 examples of the actual figurative language found in Act II of the play with an accompanying answer board.
The students play the game in groups of three try to identify all types of figurative language. Also they are given bonus points for interpreting the meaning of phrases.
2) Three separate Romeo and Juliet Figurative Language Worksheets and Tests. These worksheets contain 50 examples of the actual figurative language found in Act II of Romeo and Juliet with worksheets and accompanying answer sheets for.
a) Scenes 1+2
b) Scene 2
c) Scenes 3-6
3) A Romeo and Juliet Figurative Language Workshop which actively teaches your students the different types of figurative language. Each device is clearly explained with examples provided from Act I of the play. Students are also asked to identify other examples of figurative language as they are presented.
4) An active reading graphic organizer to help your students identify and chart the figurative language as it appears in the rest of the play.
5) A list of foreshadowing quotes from the different characters for review at the end of the play.
My kids had a blast and made more progress at understanding these concepts because they learned from each other and had fun playing this game. Your kids will love it too.
I have included an answer board as well as color and black and white versions of this game board.