ROMEO AND JULIET UNIT PLAN
Romeo and Juliet is one of Shakespeare's most famous tragedies. This comprehensive unit contains everything you will need to not only teach Romeo and Juliet, but also to keep the students engaged! I have used this unit with my students with great success, and I hope it will make your life easier if you have been given the task to teach this play.
TEACHER FEEDBACK ON THIS UNIT:
♥ WOW WOW WOW! I love it. I have been working with Romeo and Juliet for years within my 9th grade Lang. Arts Class. I have lots of stuff but have been looking for some new stuff to add to it. This is AWESOME! Thanks so much.
♥ This is an OUTSTANDING resource! I was impressed from the preview, but was blown away once I purchased, downloaded, and opened it. The material is presented very thoroughly, and I am so excited about the amount of time this will save me in planning....time which I can use to actually teach this to my students. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
♥ This is one of the best things I've ever bought on TpT! This unit is so in depth.! If you love teaching Romeo and Juliet as much as I do, and are looking for a way to revamp your lessons so that students love it too, then look no further! Buy this unit and you won't be disappointed!!
♥ This is a great Unit! It is saving me a lot of time and is fun to work with!!!
♥ Love this unit--we are starting after spring break and I'm feeling much less nervous about my first year with Shakespeare! Thanks so much!
♥ Thorough and organized. No prep. and easy to use.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click Titles For More Information):
Use these scene summary cards for Romeo and Juliet as both a reference and as a resource to help your students understand the play. Included are 23 printable summary cards (one for each scene). Simply print, cut, and you have a resource available that can be used by any student in the class.
INTRODUCTION TO ROMEO AND JULIET:
• A Powerpoint presentation that introduces students to Shakespeare, the genre of tragedy, and Romeo and Juliet! It includes:
→ Interesting biographical information on William Shakespeare (birth, family, school, marriage, children, career, death)
→ A quick check 5 question True or False quick check quiz about the biography (to be done as a class and answers are provided)
→ Information on the genre of tragedy
→ Romeo and Juliet information and pre-reading discussion points
• A PDF pre-reading activity called "The Perfect Partner" where students compare who their ideal mate would be in comparison to who their parents might choose for them!
ACT AND SCENE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
• A ready-to-print handout for students with all the questions broken down by act and scene.
• A 58 slide Powerpoint presentation with all the answers to make for easy review with your class. The answers have lots of textual evidence and quotes for support.
ACT AND SCENE ANALYSIS NOTES:
• A 29 Slide Powerpoint presentation of notes can be used for students to copy (or it can be provided to them), or you can use it as a springboard for discussion after reading each of the scenes.
FINAL CREATIVE PROJECT - CREATING A NEWSPAPER:
• A Powerpoint presentation that covers the following information:
→ Presentation of the project in a fun and creative way
→ Information on how to write for a newspaper
→ Information on each of the columns they are required to write
→ Final Product requirements
• 11 Handouts that engage students in the pre-writing process to get them ready! These include the following:
→ Handout with all of the project information
→ Headline Story Pre-Writing Activity
→ Obituary Pre-Writing Activity
→ Special Interview Pre-Writing Activity
→ Advice Column Pre-Writing Activity
→ Life and Times Pre-Writing Activity
→ Pages for rough drafts or good copies for each of the columns
• 10 Final Copy Templates that students can use to format their articles. Students can choose which pages best fit their needs (or they can choose to do it all themselves and not use the templates).
• A rubric that makes marking this project a breeze!
→ Romeo and Juliet essay topics for students to choose from
→ Double sided MLA formatting guidebook (requires double sided photocopying)
→ Two Essay Graphic Organizers to choose from
CREATIVE PRINTABLE ASSIGNMENTS:
• Romeo and Juliet Bingo
• Romeo and Juliet Facebook Page
• Romeo and Juliet Film vs Play Comparison
• Romeo and Juliet Film Review
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
SHAKESPEARE PRE READING ACTIVITIES
POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE
ELEMENTS OF FICTION BUNDLE
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers