Your learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
TEXT: ROMEO AND JULIET by William Shakespeare
TOTAL: 110+ slides/pages in lesson plan unit
→ Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ Great materials with an up to date visual appeal. I have been working with this play for 10 years, and I am excited to have some materials to freshen up the unit. Thank for putting this all together!
♥ As always, this is a fantastically thorough resource. I've used your unit packages for two others units: Night and Unwind. I cannot express how much these make my life easier. Instead of getting bogged down in preparation, which I tend to do when I'm teaching a certain course for the first time, I can stay excited and that's very obvious to my students. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
♥ I bought this unit first in 2014 when I had my first stint teaching 9th graders this classic. Fast forward to 2019, and I once again have 9th grade English. This resource has been updated with lots of great additions since I last used it, and I found it very helpful in creating my unit this year. I do wish the character charts had an answer key and that a multiple choice test had been included. Other than these slight things, I appreciated the bundle.
♥ Love this! It's visually interesting and very well done. I am budgeting for other content from this author. This is TOP-notch.
♥ There's so much here that I haven't had time to go through it all yet, but as I scroll through the zip file and browse, I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities. This is a rich resource indeed. Thanks for adding the great teacher guides, too!
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 1-page activity
- 10-slide slideshow
- Introduces students to the world and language of William Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet
- 19-slide slideshow
- Students will have the opportunity to insult each other, Shakespeare style. Great for getting familiar with the old language
- 2-page Bundle
- Intro Competition to Brainstorm famous feuds & Prologue Analysis
- 12-slide slideshow
- analyzer the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page analyzer and answer key
- analyze the 6 types of conflict
- 2-page analyzer and answer key
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 5-page analyzer
- Use events and ideas from the play to analyze fact vs. opinion
- 1-page handout
- 30 words & questions
- 3-page bundle
★ Pop Quizzes (printable & slideshow) (only included in the unit ... not as a stand-alone) (→ digital)
- 5 Comprehension Pop Quizzes for acts of novel (1 quiz per act)
- 21-page bundle of slides/pages
- Groupwork and Discussion questions for deeper thinking/understanding
- 7-page bundle
- Students analyze various "crimes" of the characters are use ethics/morality to rank them from least to worst
- A group of printable punishments of Shakespeare's time period
- 10-page bundle
★ Characters on Trial (only included in the unit ... not as a stand-alone)
- Students decide which character is to blame for the tragedy
- 1-page Handout
- Essay Topic
- Quotes Trackers to organize quotes for each theme
- Guided Outline and Sample Essay
- 8-page bundle
- 10 creative final projects for students to choose from
- 8-page bundle
- grading rubric
- Students compare and contrast film and play
- 2-page bundle
Enjoy! Remember . . . those stumble who run fast!
OTHER ROMEO AND JULIET FAIRYTALES
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!