Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Romeo and Juliet Unit Teaching Bundle has 110+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
PLAY: Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
TOTAL: 110+ slides/pages in lesson plan unit
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ Great materials with an up to date visual appeal. I have been working with this play for 10 years, and I am excited to have some materials to freshen up the unit. Thank for putting this all together!
♥ As always, this is a fantastically thorough resource. I've used your unit packages for two others units: Night and Unwind. I cannot express how much these make my life easier. Instead of getting bogged down in preparation, which I tend to do when I'm teaching a certain course for the first time, I can stay excited and that's very obvious to my students. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
♥ Love this! It's visually interesting and very well done. I am budgeting for other content from this author. This is TOP-notch.
♥ There's so much here that I haven't had time to go through it all yet, but as I scroll through the zip file and browse, I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities. This is a rich resource indeed. Thanks for adding the great teacher guides, too!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 1-page activity
- 10-slide PowerPoint
- Introduces students to the world and language of William Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet
- 19-slide PowerPoint
- Students will have the opportunity to insult each other, Shakespeare style. Great for getting familiar with the old language
- 2-page Bundle
- Intro Competition to Brainstorm famous feuds & Prologue Analysis
- 12-slide PowerPoint
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer and answer key
- analyze the 6 types of conflict
- 2-page organizer and answer key
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 5-page organizer
- Use events and ideas from the play to analyze fact vs. opinion
- 1-page handout
- 30 words & questions
- 3-page bundle
··· Pop Quizzes (printable & PowerPoint) (only included in the unit ... not as a stand-alone)
- 5 Comprehension Pop Quizzes for acts of novel (1 quiz per act)
- 21-page bundle of slides/pages
- Groupwork and Discussion questions for deeper thinking/understanding
- 7-page bundle
- Students analyze various "crimes" of the characters are use ethics/morality to rank them from least to worst
- A group of printable punishments of Shakespeare's time period
- 10-page bundle
··· Characters on Trial (only included in the unit ... not as a stand-alone)
- Students decide which character is to blame for the tragedy
- 1-page Handout
- Essay Topic
- Quotes Trackers to organize quotes for each theme
- Guided Outline and Sample Essay
- 8-page bundle
··· Final Projects
- 10 creative final projects for students to choose from
- 8-page bundle
- grading rubric
- Students compare and contrast film and play
- 2-page bundle
*** 110+ pages / slides total in lesson plan unit ***
NOTE: Every PowerPoint includes both the PowerPoint Show and the customizable .ppt file.
Enjoy Romeo and Juliet! Remember . . . those stumble who run fast!
»»» OTHER ROMEO AND JULIET AWESOMENESS:
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!