This fun and unique rounding game reinforces the skill and involves a touch of logic. Visual math instructional tools and posters are also included to teach and reinforce the skill. The math instructional visuals include rounding with a number line, rounding with base 10 blocks, and rounding with 100s charts. The 2 posters are designed to help auditory and visual learners. Your more kinesthetic learners will benefit too. You can use them for a standing stretch break. The “Rounding Shout Out” poster is best for auditory learners and works to help students remember the rules of rounding. Let students create a routine to go with the cheer. Students could also change the cheer to sound more like a rap or add music and sing it. The “Big Enough to Go Up?” poster works great as a visual for all students to remember the rounding rule.
The game and visuals work great for small groups, skill reinforcement, centers, fast finishers, or as instructional materials for the whole class. The resource offers many choices for a range of student abilities. Most of the printables have a color or black and white option.
Students pick number cards (provided with this resource) or roll a 10-sided dice (not provided). They then arrange the numbers according to their best winning strategy and round it. The original number is written on a tower (many styles are provided) in which players are building on. The object of the game is to build to the top first.
Great resource for Centers, Cooperative Groups, Fast Finishers, Remediation,
Place Value Practice, End of the Year Activity, or Summer Practice.
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE THE QUALITY AND WHAT IS AVAILABLE
This resource includes -
* Rounding Tower Game Directions
* Math Visuals and Poster Suggestions
* Finished Game Example
* 3 Game Tower Styles in Color for the 10s and 3 in Black and White
* 3 Game Tower Styles in Color for the 100s and 3 in Black and White
* 3 Game Tower Styles in Color for the 1,000s and 3 in Black and White
* 2 Game Number Game Cards in Color and 2 in Black and White
* 4 Colorful pages of Instructional Math Visuals for Base 10 Blocks
* 2-D Base 10 pieces to cut out (Color and Black and White) units, rods, and 100s cubes
* 3 Colorful pages of Instructional Math Visuals for using 100s Charts
* 1 Colorful 100s Chart and 1 Black and White 100s Chart
* 1 Instructional Math Visual for using a Number Line
* 4 pages of Number Lines for 10s, 100s, and 1,000s
* 1 “Rounding Shout Out” cheer poster in Color and 1 in Black and White
* 1 “Big Enough to Go Up?” poster in Color and 1 in Black and White
BELOW ARE SOME HOLIDAY MATH GAMES I THINK YOUR STUDENTS WILL LOVE!
Halloween Math Word Problems for 3rd Grade
Halloween Math Word Problems for 4th Grade
Halloween Math Word Problems for 5th Grade
Thanksgiving Turkey Math Word Problem Task Card Center for 3rd Grade: CCSS Aligned
Thanksgiving Turkey Word Problem Task Cards Center for 4th: CCSS Aligned
Thanksgiving Pilgrim Word Problems Task Card Center
Christmas Math Word Problems for 3rd: CCSS Aligned
Christmas Math Word Problems Task Cards Center for 4th: CCSS Aligned
12 Days of Christmas Fraction Word Problem Task Card Center
It’s important to me that teachers are completely satisfied with their purchase!
If you have any question or concerns about this product please email me at email@example.com.
You can also go to the Q and A section of my TPT store and leave a message
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.
Click on the “SCHOOLS” link above on this page (upper right).
EARNING TPT CREDITS
After purchasing and using this product you can earn TpT credits by leaving feedback. I love reading feedback and really appreciate the time you take to let me know how you used this resource with your students and what you loved best. To leave feedback and start earning TpT credits:
1. Go to your “My Purchases" and click on the Provide Feedback link.
2. Let us know how you used this product in your classroom and what you loved best!
DON’T MISS OUT
If you like this product, please visit Chrysti’s Class
to see more.
All new products are on sale the first 2 days after publishing. To find out about my new products, sales, freebies, and any product updates, click the star green ★ button at the top of my store page or when you download a free resource.