Don't know what to do with your students for RTI in KInder or 1st. Need a research based resource, well these letter sort activities are modeled after the Florida Center activities. This activity has been created to help in SLA RTI. The Letter Sort
Objective is for the child to identify letters of the alphabet.
Sorting Letters Child Sheet (Activity Master) - Write/trace the target letters at top of sheet.
Use rrint resources such as those provided or (e.g., magazines, catalogs, etc.)
After teacher introduction, children sort letters cut from those provided or from print resources.
1. Place print resources, scissors, and glue at the center. Provide the child with a child sheet.
2. The child names the two target letters such as capitals and lowecase letters (e.g., “h, b, k”).
3. Identifies and cuts out target letters from print resources.
4. Glues letters under corresponding target letter on Sorting Letters Child Sheet.
5. Continues until child sheet is complete.
6. Teacher evaluation.
Adaptations and Extensions
. Bring in samples of letters from home (e.g., letters cut from cereal boxes, pet food bags, etc.)