Get set for Grade 5 interventions with a total of 484 task cards, 15 reading skills worksheets, a reusable spinner game, and 44 pages worth of 220 word problems. For reading, there are 32 task cards each for author's purpose, cause and effect, character traits, compare and contrast, figurative language, idioms, text structures, and word meaning, 36 task cards for categories, and differentiated sets of 64 task cards each for details, inference, and main idea. For math, there are 24 pages of mixed operations word problems, 5 pages for basic operations, 5 pages for holidays, 5 pages for multiple step, and 5 pages for special strategies. All of these resources are available individually, but you SAVE by buying this bundle! These are great for RTI small groups, tutoring programs before or after school, and parents helping their children at home.
In the spinner games, the detail, inference, and main idea differentiated sets of task cards include "basic" and "advanced" versions. Set B is written at a lower reading level than Set A. During the game, students gain and lose chips in an attempt to be the first to cover the words on their game boards. Kids BEG to play Super Spinner Winner! One of the things they really love is that the spinner is designed in such a way that they might get lucky and get bingo chips for nothing. I have all students read and answer aloud so that everyone hears and gets review, even if it is someone else's turn. An added bonus is that you can REUSE the spinners and the game boards you copy and laminate over and over again with other task cards...or even cut-up worksheets!
THIS SAME READING SET IS INCLUDED in my tutoring bundles for 3rd and 4th grade. If you also need work for those grades, purchase THIS BUNDLE, then separately purchase the MATH WORKSHEETS BUNDLE GRADE 3
and/or the MATH WORKSHEETS BUNDLE GRADE 4
All of the spinner games, task cards, and worksheets have been successfully used by me in 5th grade reading and math intervention groups for review, tutoring, and test prep. The reading games and the 5-on-a-page word problem worksheets are perfect for 30 minute tutoring sessions.
The thumbnails show portions of the spinner game. The preview shows a task card page from each reading set, one of the reading worksheets so you can get an idea of the format, and several of the math worksheets. You can click on each title below to find out more about the individual game or set of worksheets.
This great BUNDLE includes the following items:
• Super Spinner Winner game board (1 page)
• Super Spinner Winner spinners (2 pages)
• Author’s Purpose Task Cards and Game
• Categories Task Cards and Game
• Cause & Effect Task Cards and Game
• Character Traits Task Cards and Game
• Compare Contrast Task Cards and Game
• Details Set A and B Task Cards and Game
• Figurative Language Task Cards and Game
• Idioms Task Cards and Game
• Inferences Set A and B Task Cards and Game
• Main Idea Set A and B Task Cards and Game
• Text Structures Task Cards and Game
• Word Meaning Task Cards and Game
• Worksheets for each game/skill (15 pages)
• Game directions & answer keys (12 pages)
• Scoot directions (1 page)
• Uses for task cards (1 page)
• Mixed Word Problems Grade 5
• Four Operations Word Problems Grade 5
• Holidays Word Problems Grade 5
• Multiple Step Word Problems Grade 5
• Special Strategies Word Problems Grade 5
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
PARENTS, this would be great for home practice with your 5th grader. The spinner game was designed for small groups, so it could be played successfully with only you and your child.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Find more tutoring and intervention materials by clicking on RTI & Small Groups
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!