Also included in
- Distance Learning Packets- Students love reading passages about animals. This is a collection of nonfiction passages on animals along with comprehension questions. Purchasing them together here you will save 20%, These passages have scientific information about animals in high-interest passages. S$41.40$51.75Save $10.35
- This life cycle bundle has great activities and reading passages on life cycle. The resources include nonfiction passages, close reading activities with response pages that have text dependent questions and interactive notebook flaps aligned with CCSS for 3rd and 4th grade Reading Informational Text$30.56$38.20Save $7.64
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$116.52$145.65Save $29.13
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$179.85Save $34.65
- This fourth-grade NGSS science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS. It also includes fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this Huge fourth-grade NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and mor$145.96$179.50Save $33.54
- This science bundle for third grade covers the entire year! You save 20% by purchasing together! This NGSS Bundle for third grade is packed full of great lessons, investigations, labs, and close readings with nonfiction passages to meet the NGSS and CCSS standards for 3rd grade! Covers all NGSS stan$84.12$104.75Save $20.63
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth-grade science. Get NGSS Resources from someone who unde$131.40$164.25Save $32.85
- This NGSS Bundle for 4th grade will provide your students with a year's worth of engaging science lessons, readings, worksheets, slideshows, labs, games, and more! Fourth-grade students will love these NGSS aligned activities! You Save 20% by purchasing them here together. These resources are specif$94.36$117.95Save $23.59
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$102.56$128.20Save $25.64
- This huge resource includes all of my resources for 3rd-grade NGSS Life Science. This collection of resources cover the life science standards for NGSS. Students will explore in hands-on, inquiry-based lessons. They will read nonfiction scientific passages in a close reading format. They will respo$41.12$51.40Save $10.28
Rabbit Life Cycle and Adaptations: Students will learn all about rabbits and how they are adapted to survive in their habitat. Students will love these high-interest reading passages on rabbits, life cycle and adaptations. Both behavioral and structural adaptations will be discussed. Great for a spring reading activity!
Let your students see the growth of baby rabbits over the course of two weeks! I had the unique opportunity to take a photo of the baby rabbits each day and show their growth and development. That is how this resource began!
This resource includes:
- Over ten pages of informational text
- Text-dependent comprehension pages
- Interactive Notebook Inserts
- A true-false quiz
- Answer keys
This is a huge resource with over 60 pages!
Students will be motivated to read and learn about animal adaptations and growth and development and will love the close-up photos of baby bunnies during their first two weeks of life. The article is both informative and of high interest for the students and will increase science literacy.
For more information on a rabbit's life see this post.
Perfect for teaching about life cycles and animal adaptions. Did you know that rabbits' ears help them to stay cool in hot weather? Students will love learning about all the special structures that rabbits have that help them to survive.
The CCSS for Reading Informational text is specifically addressed and has students thinking about the nonfiction text in new ways.
A great science reading project.
For NGSS 3rd Grade and 4th Grade
Next Generation Science Standards
This huge resource is a nonfiction reading and science unit that covers many skills and concepts. The topic of the reading is a nonfiction account of the development of baby rabbits with full-color photographs. The article also addresses the unique adaptations that rabbits have to help them survive and their role in the ecosystem.This close reading passage includes text-dependent comprehension questions and many response pages. Students will need to read back into the text to answer the questions.
It is aligned with CCSS for reading and writing informational text and is also aligned with science standards for 3rd and 4th grade.
This resource is designed to address the Disciplinary Core Ideas for NGSS Ecosystem: Interactions, Energy and dynamicsand From Molecules to Organism: Structure and Processes.
NGSS 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth,
growth, reproduction, and death.
This resource is also aligned with the science standards for Utah's third grade.
Utah SEEd 3.2.1 Develop models to describe patterns of change that organisms go through during their life cycles. Emphasize that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles, but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
NGSS 4-LS1-1. Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support
survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction
Utah SEEd Standard 4.1.1 Construct an explanation from the evidence that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction. Emphasize how structures support an organism’s survival in its environment and how internal and external structures of plants and animals vary within the same and across multiple Utah environments. Examples of structures could include thorns on a stem to prevent predation or gills on a fish to allow it to breathe underwater. (LS1.A)
Science topics addressed include:
Nonfiction Reading and Writing Skills addressed include:
Main Idea and supporting details
How graphics support the text
Answering text-dependent comprehension questions
Paragraph writing: descriptive and informative
Constructing an explanation
This resource includes 14 pages of informational or nonfiction text, 24 response pages, and Interactive notebook flaps and Folds, writing prompts, and 2 center activities
Students love my reading comprehension passages and questions! Please take a look at some of my other resources: