If you have any kids in your class who loves cars but hates social studies, this is the project for you. That is exactly the reason why I made this!
Why: When you are ready to buy a car, are you going to buy a car that gets from Point A to Point B, or are you going to buy a car that GETS you from Point A to Point B? A car that can get you through deserts, war zones, jungles and whatever else this planet may contain.
1. You will chart out your journey on the map of Africa.
2. You are racing against 3 other imaginary people.
3. This isn’t a death race, but you can put up barriers/traps and trade with locals to slow down your opponents.
4. You have $500,000 in an electronic international bank account to run this race. Use your money wisely.
5. You can’t use the same vehicle twice. New country=New vehicle(s)
6. You get 3 items to take with you that can fit in your backpack.
7. Create a presentation to share your travel log with the teacher.
Also, check out my (free) notes that I made for your kids to get some basic skills for the project. It's titled Great African Race