“Don’t practice until you get it right.
Practice until you can’t get it wrong”
In the spirit of the quote above, Race to the Top! is an effective tool to help kids practice/review their multiplication facts.
• Either 1 ten-sided die or 2 six-sided dice.
• Game board (varies slightly depending on option selected for dice)- available in color or black & white
• One crayon, marker, or colored pencil
1. Roll the die or dice, and multiply the number rolled by the targeted factor.
2. Color in 1 square above the product on the chart. Continue in this fashion until all 10 squares for 1 of the products is filled.
3. The product for which all 10 squares are filled first wins the “Race to the Top”!
Included are game boards for each factor ranging from 2 to 12.
Accurate, quick, and effortless recall of basic math facts is critical to
students’ success in mathematics. If this fluent retrieval does not develop,
then the advancement of higher-order math skills may be seriously impaired. If a student continually has to exert cognitive capital to perform basic facts, that leaves less "thinking capacity" for growing higher order math skills.
Minimally 10% of all proceeds
from the sale of this product are donated
to the cause that unites us all as teachers:
helping youth prosper.
Donations are made to well-researched,
fiscally responsible charities.
If you choose to purchase this resource, please know that any and all feedback is welcome!