This is the ever-popular activity of using lollies/candies and water to create a rainbow on a plate. But, here we have transformed this activity into a scientific inquiry. Students will compare M&M's, skittles and smarties to see the different results from each food type and evaluate and make conclusions from their results. It is all set in a fun, racing game style challenge. On you marks, get set, GO....
★ How to use
You will download these recording sheets to create a pack that students can use to complete their scientific inquiry. There are 3 difficultly levels included and options to create your pack depending on what you want to focus your teaching towards. These recording sheets cover the following:
- Scientific Variables
- Results (drawing/table/graph)
★ Promotes learning in the following:
- Scientific Process
- Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Data Evaluation
- The science behind the coatings of materials
★ Includes the following:
- Student recording sheets
- 3 difficultly levels to create a customised pack for your use
- Example of a completed student inquiry (can be used as answers for you)
- Examples of the experiment in use
- Marking suggestions
- Definition of the scientific variables in this experiment
- Notes for use
★ Feedback and Followers
Click the Green ★ to follow my store. You will get new product notifications and freebie launches. If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page.
★ Let's get connected..
Thank you for visiting my store!
©Emily Anderson at The STEM Mum