PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!!!
Sorting Radical Expressions into groups of Like Radicals
(Simplifying Radical Expressions)
* Students may work in groups, pairs, or individually. This activity could be used to introduce a new concept or for review.
* Students would need to simplify each radical from the table. Each simplified radical will have a radicand matching the choices available to the right.
* Students would drag the matching radical from the right to cover the like radical. Each of the radicals at the right has an infinite cloner which allows for infinite number of times to drag and match.
* Two different activities are provided. The first activity emphasizes the understanding of simplifying square roots. The second activity has combinations of different radicals with different indices.
*Answer Key is provided at the end of the activity.
* Two different charts are provided to review the Perfect Square Roots (1-20) and the Perfect Cube Roots (1-20)
* A PDF file of this activity is inserted in this smart notebook file under attachment. (Please check the paper clip for this file)
This activity will allow students to move in the classroom and actually actively engage with the SmartBoard. When students complete both activities in this file, they will have simplified 60 radical expressions and have them matched to their like radicals!!!
If you do not have a Smartboard, you can still use this product by using Smart Notebook Interactive Viewer. This program is a free download from www.smarttech.com.
Simplifying radicals is also drilled in an attached worksheet where students are asked to simplify radicals (square root & nth root).
There are 5 versions provided of this practice worksheet. Each version has 20 questions.
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺. Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺ for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺ store!!!
Smart Notebook: 6 + PDF: 3