This is a full unit on arithmetic and geometric sequences and series. This material has been designed for the Alberta 20-1 Math curriculum, but can be used for any course that covers this material. The full unit includes:
1) Fully animated Powerpoint notes and blank student notes for the following topics.
- Simplifying Radicals
- Adding and Subtracting Radicals
- Multiplying Radicals
- Dividing Radicals (Part 1)
- Dividing Radicals (Part 2)
**Practice questions referenced at the end of the lessons are for the McGraw Hill Ryerson Pre-Calculus 11 textbook (not included in this package).
- Lesson 4 (answers are at the end of the worksheet)
3) Mid-Unit Quiz on arithmetic sequences and series (answer key Included)
4) Unit Assignment (answer key included)
5) Unit Test (answer key included)
This unit is planned so that lessons should take approximately 30-45 minutes depending on student questions. After the simplifying radicals and the adding and subtracting radicals lessons are completed, the next class is best used to allow students half the class to work on the unit assignment, and implement the quiz for the second half of class. If one day at the end of the unit is used for review, the entire unit should take 8 days to complete.