Radical Functions (Algebra 2 Curriculum - Unit 6)
This bundle includes notes, homework assignments, two quizzes, a study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Simplifying Radicals (square, cube, and 4th roots)
• Simplifying Radicals with Variables
• Adding and Subtracting Radicals (includes higher roots)
• Multiplying Radicals (includes higher roots)
• Dividing Radicals (includes higher roots)
• Rationalizing the Denominator (monomial and binomial divisors)
• Rational Exponents (converting between exponential and radical forms)
• Simplifying Expressions with Rational Exponents
• Solving Radical Equations (includes higher roots); Extraneous Solutions
• Graphing Radical Functions: Square and Cube Root Functions
• Transformations of Radical Functions
• Identifying Key Characteristics: domain, range, endpoint/turning point, end behavior, increasing/decreasing intervals
• Inverse Relations; One-to-One Functions
• Writing Inverse Functions
• Verifying Inverse Functions Graphically (as a reflection across y = x)
• Verifying Inverse Functions Algebraically (through compositions of functions)
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE! Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine, simply delete my equation and insert your own.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Algebra 2 Units:
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.