Radio Drama Unit Mark Twain's The Invalid's Story
Also included in
- SAVE 20% You want to teach radio theater expertly? Learn from a theater education expert. This bundle includes two scary radio plays--Edgar Allen Poe’s short story, The Cask of Amintillado, W. W. Jacob's The Monkey's Paw and Mark Twain’s The Invalid’s Story. Plus, I have given you the unit I use whPrice $28.80Original Price $32.00Save $3.20
- Bundle 20% Off Here are two radio plays scripts--Mark Twain's The Invalid's Story and my own very popular, Bow Wow Blues for your classroom. Plus, you can teach your students all about radio theater, too! Each script was adapted for the classroom and I take into account most teachers have large nuPrice $20.40Original Price $24.00Save $3.60
Here's a twenty minute humorous radio play adapted from Mark Twain's classic short story, The Invalid's Story. This script has 20 + roles (plus crew) and was written especially for the classroom! Strengthen your students' listening, speaking, and reading skills all at once. It's a one stop shop! #fallingfordealsseasonal
In addition, a teacher could use this script with students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Want to teach an entire unit on radio theater? Check out https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/RADIO-THEATER-UNIT-OF-STUDY-ONLY-4049684
The product includes:
- A note to the director
- Mark Twain--a short bio.
- Information about The Invalid's Story of which the radio play was adapted
- Sound effects list and suggestions how to use them
- Music suggestions with hot links
- How to stage a radio play with a floor plan for your use
- Radio theater terms (such as "up and under")
- 20 page radio play script complete with sound and music cues written by an award winning author, me!
- Sheet music for "Sweet By and By" whistled by an actor
- 3 corny commercials which can be used in the play or switched out with one of your students' own!
- Royalty free!
This is a crowd pleasing radio play created by an award-winning drama teacher and author with 38 years of experience.
HOW DO I USE THIS SCRIPT IN MY CLASSROOM? If I were you, I'd use it with a short story unit studying humor and voicing, drama, gifted or reading. It's terrific for celebrating the end of a semester and will impressed parents and others attending.
Here are some reviews on other Dramamommaspeaks products!
"Absolutely loved this resource and it tied in nicely with our excursion to see a production."
Bundle: Boom Cards and Hybrid Lessons
"Wow, these are so wonderful! Thank you for creating them."
"A cool idea for a unit plan"
Comprehensive? You bet!
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will: FOLLOW ME
For more information about Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.