Also included in
- Perfect for the new teacher or those looking for unique and innovative resources. This bundle (265 pages) has everything you need to teach a drama class for a semester, quarter or month (depending upon how many times you see your students.) I created these lessons for my own classes and used them fo$63.00$76.50Save $13.50
- 20% OFF! Four of my most popular products! 126 pages! Here is EVERYTHING you need: a MONTH and a HALF'S worth of engaging, unique and creative learning lessons and units about drama. It is suitable for middle and high school drama or gifted classes. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++$33.20$41.50Save $8.30
- SAVE 20% BUNDLE! This bundle includes EIGHT lessons, strengthen speaking, reading, writing. One unit and three plays which strengthen cooperative learning AND creativity! I've even given you a free bonus lesson. WHAT A DEAL!!See what I mean:Sound Effects--Halloween ThemeThis lesson focuses on so$37.30$48.25Save $10.95
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a high school drama teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DE$50.92$59.25Save $8.33
IMPROVED! This THREE WEEK radio theater unit and play of The Invisible Man with roles for 17 + students teaches the history of radio theater, Foley engineering and gives students an opportunity to write a commercial, create sound effects and perform in a radio play. Plus students' reading, writing, listening and speaking skills are strengthened. It's a one-stop-shop!
HOW DO I USE THIS PRODUCT IN MY CLASSROOM? A teacher could study science fiction and end the unit with this radio theater script. It is most appropriate for eighth grade and higher. However, some gifted sixth and seventh graders shouldn't have any problem with it.
In addition, a teacher could use this script in a distance learning lesson. #DistancelearningTPT
This product now INCLUDES a digital version, so a teacher can print only the script!
Or if you are looking for a Google Classroom version of this unit, go to: Google Classroom Radio Theater Unit I Plus the Invisible Man Free Play
The teacher will need access to YouTube.com.
Included in the radio theater unit file:
• A lesson on the history of radio theater
• Information about Foley engineers
• Three links to video clips of Foleys
• Student-created sound effect project
• Five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
• A lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
• Links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
• Procedure plan to follow throughout the unit
• Teacher’s script---what I say and how I say it
• Warm-up exercises
• A sound effects quiz
• A student group example of a radio commercial
• Trivia about radio theater stars and radio programs
• Music suggestions with links
• Floor plan for blocking a radio play and suggestionson how to direct it, plus links demonstrating the directing of a radio play
Included in the Play:
• A script of my adaptation of H.G. Welles' The Invisible Man, with roles for 16 students, suitable for the classroom with NO ROYALTIES for performances,
In my thirty-eight years of teaching drama, this radio theater unit is one of my most popular lessons with students.
Note: This product was updated February 18, 2022.
Comprehensive? You bet!
This lesson is created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
The Invisible Man is a science fiction novel by H.G. Welles. Originally serialized a magazine in 1897, it was published as a novel the same year. The Invisible Man of the title was a man named Griffin. He was a scientist who devoted himself to research invented a way to change the human body to that of air so that it neither absorbs nor reflect light and thus becomes invisible. He successfully carries out this procedure on himself but fails in his attempt to reverse it.
Here are a few reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks
Other products you may need: