Radiometric Dating Domino Game
My students consistently struggle with the conceptual and mathematical components of radiometric dating and often need practice. This game provides students with an opportunity to get valuable practice and see whether they are getting the correct answers quickly without adding to your grading!
The Domino Game features multiple question formats to keep the math practice from becoming rote: find the half-life and age, determine the correct rock type and age, determine the age of the sample, and determine the percentage of parent or daughter product, and short answer.
Each card features a question and an answer and students need to solve the question on the bottom of each card and then find the answer on the top of a different card.
The Radiometric Dating Domino Game can be used in many ways depending on the needs of your students: by the whole class as practice, by students who have finished work early during the unit, on students’ time as an extra credit option, etc.
This download includes:
- Directions/Guidelines for Classroom Use
- Necessary half-live information to solve problems
- 2 versions of student handouts (one more student-driven and one more guided)
- 25 Black and White Radiometric Dating Domino Cards
- 25 Color Background Radiometric Dating Domino Cards