This Rain and Water Cycle Pack is aimed at Grades 2-5. As your students explore clouds, water cycles and properties of Water they will come to an understanding that we cannot live without water.
KWHL for Water for rain
- Color and black/white versions and a one page version
- This will assist in assessing what your grade knows and will help when writing the Information Text.
- This is what we know about…
- This is what we want to know …
- This is our new learning about ….
- Color and black/white versions provided. Spare tags for extra words. Display these words and discuss what they mean.
Facts about Water
- These cards can be used as discussion starters.
- Display these facts and discuss what they mean.
- Use as starters for the Information Text to help build the paragraphs
Photos of Clouds and Water
- These photos are to be used to assist in writing and exploring cloud types and how water makes it back to our earth as precipitation. Print off and display around the room.
- Two INB pages to record information for cloud types and precipitation.
Bodies of Water
- This section contains photos taken by me. There are Interactive Notebook pages for each body of water. Have your grade in teams/groups.
- Each group can use the poster as a start and then do further research to complete the task together. Then present to the grade for feedback.
Reading about Water
- This text is to be used to paraphrase, record the main ideas and add supporting information.
- Read and interpret a labelled diagram.
- Complete your own diagram.
Writing about Water
- Use the photos provided earlier in the pack to assist in writing the text. Print off and display around the finished Information Text. Choose a topic – water, rain, clouds or weather.
- The rubrics are helpful in assessing the text. A planner is included for the Information Text and a map Interactive Note Planner.
Life without water
- Who needs water?
- What needs water?
- Water life without it…
- Words to describe water
- Water is-can-has
- Salt water v Fresh water
- Liquid – gas – solid
- How can we save water?
COPYRIGHT ©Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs. ♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.