A book a week: Rainbow Bird by Eric Maddern - A traditional Aboriginal Dreamtime story
Read the book daily for a week and complete a activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Pre-Reading Words – a list of story words.
2. Beginning/Middle/End – story recall sheet
3. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events
4. Multiple Choice Comprehension
5. Compound Words and 'igh' words
6. Cloze activity – comprehension
7. Writing – students write short sentences on different alternatives to Bird Woman stealing the fire.
8. Bumper word search
9. Crocodile Facts poster
10. Mini Report Writing template
11. Traditional Aboriginal Foods – students circle or colour traditional Aboriginal foods
12. Suggestions for Art/Craft
13. Display Sign – making a class display board showcasing Rainbow Bird work? Print off this sign and laminate.
14. A few internet links – not my creations… but a few useful links!
All activities were created with mid Year/Grade 1 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!