Colors are an important part of the Preschool curriculum. This packet focuses on the 3 primary colors and 3 secondary colors. There are activities, games, art, science and writing choices to encourage learning fun!
Fine motor skills – trace a rainbow
• Rainbow dot art – use Q-tip or dotters to dot a rainbow.
• Trace and color. Trace the stems of the flower to see what color they lead to and color the flowers. (1pg color words in color and 1 pg color words are black for increased difficulty.)
• Color Match. Match the flower color with the color word.
• Color Match. Match the Color cloud to the same color rain drop.
• Color Match. Match the raindrops with the correct color word. (1pg color words in color and 1 pg color words in black for increased difficulty.)
• Find colors clouds – put objects in the clouds of the same color.
• Secondary Colors. Mix 2 primary colors to get a secondary color.
• Color posters. 6 basic colors – 3 primary and 3 secondary. 2 posters per page.
• SPLAT!! Game. Laminate. Put splat color cards on the floor and call out a color, the children will stomp or slap and say SPLAT!! On the correct color.
• Color Words in black for increased difficulty.
• Color Words in color.
• Monster colors. Put the correct color word in the box to show the monsters correct body color.
• Bug colors. Put the correct color word in the box to show the bugs’ correct color.
• Learn the color word. Trace the word and color objects the same color as the color word. (6 pgs. red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
• Colors objects – color the objects their usual colors.
• Crayon colors – color the crayons the same color as the color word.