This lesson explores rainbows. It encourages a discussion as to the colors we see in our every day lives. Early physics concepts are explored as we show how white light refracts to create the colors of the rainbow. Fine motor skills are developed with activities such as color sorting, coloring, and cutting.
Want to know what our lessons are all about?
Check out Explore Rainbows, it's 1 complete lesson for classroom and homeschool teachers! This lesson offers multiple activities that can be explored in a day or customized to integrate into a week's curriculum!
Have fun and explore rainbows!
16 pages of creative activities combining math, language, art, science, and fine motor skills.
The lesson includes a book and song recommendation as well as a topic for open discussion.
This ready to use lesson includes all the coloring pages and templates as well as a list of art materials required.
Teaching Materials Include:
• 1 complete themed lesson exploring and learning about rainbows
• 5 printable templates of coloring pages and crafts
• Develop fine motor skills with coloring, cutting, and tracing
• Song lyrics for a fun rainbow song
• Learn about early math concepts by sorting and counting rainbow colors
• Create, explore, and discuss science: create a rainbow experiment
• Art and craft ideas include: creating a plate rainbow fish, making a rainbow out of colorful hand cutouts, coloring a rainbow, rainbow paper tearing collage
Create, Explore, Discuss!
Check Out: Colors of the Rainbow $ Saving Bundle!