Great for planning narratives in writing and recording the parts of a narrative in reading!
You get (two versions included):
* A narrative structure poster/anchor chart (one in color and one in black and white)
* Three differentiated narrative graphic organizers.
* An example of a completed organizer that is based on the story: Room on the Broom.
One version labels the parts of a narrative as: beginning, middle and end and the other as: orientation, complication and solution.
The shape of the rainbow design is fantastic because it displays a visual of a simple narrative. The key visuals are the peak in the rainbow where the complication occurs and the middle section which shows that the middle of a narrative is a lot longer than the beginning and the ending.
Ideas for Use:
* The narrative structure poster can be used as a visual to remind students of the structure of a narrative.
* The differentiated narrative graphic organizers can be used to record the parts of a narrative text students have read or to plan a narrative text a student is going to write.