Storytelling takes on color with this fun activity! Cards with colored borders guide your students through the various elements of a story as they draw cards naming Who, When, Where, What and How—plus an optional Mystery element! They then create a story using the cards they chose.
"Rainbow Story Starters" may be used by individual students or as a team activity. You'll be amazed at your students' creativity!
This pack includes
• a title page
• complete instructions for preparation and play, plus ideas for use
• fourteen colorful card sheets (including a few blank cards for your ideas)
• full-color card mats for use during play
• an optional logo design to print on card backs, if desired
• story writing sheets for both illustrated and non-illustrated stories
• story guide cards.
Expand this activity from verbal story development to include practice at handwriting, spelling, punctuation, grammar and art by allowing students to write down and illustrate their stories using the sheets provided, or sheets of your own design.
Thanks for taking a look at my product. Please visit my store (under my name, Diane McLoud) for more creative writing tools, activities, games, incentives, bulletin board helpers, card kits, crafts and more! Have a great school year!