Rainforest Math Centers is a packet of 8 rainforest and rainforest animals themed math centers.
The centers can be used as part of a study of the rainforest, environmental study, or to celebrate Earth Day. You can use the activities whole class, with small guided groups, or use the center activities as independent math practice at a thematic math center. These also make great partner activities.
Each of the rainforest math centers has a description card and recording sheet(s). Center choice pocket chart cards and a student menu are also included.
Rainforest Math Centers:
1. Into the Rainforest comparing numbers – compare the sets of numbers. Write the numbers and the correct less than (<) or greater than (>) signs on the recording sheet.
2. A Walk in the Rainforest ten more and ten less – add or subtract ten from the given numbers.
3. Rainforest Creatures addition – find the missing numbers in the addition equations.
4. Save the Rainforest telling time (to the hour) – Match the clocks to the digital time cards. Write the times and draw the hands on the clocks on the recording sheets.
5. Rainforest Adventure place value – count the place value rods. Match the place value rods to the numbers.
6. Rainforest Frogs subtraction facts – solve the subtraction equations.
7. Rainforest Life fact families - match the fact family equations to the sets of 3 numbers. Four different animal sets are included. Each animal set has 3 different groups of numbers.
8. Rainforest Animals measurement – measure the animal pictures to the nearest whole paper clip.
Includes graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 1214207247.
Check out the PREVIEW
to see what's included in the packet.
For more rainforest activities
Rainforest Activities for Primary Learners
Reading to Learn About Rainforest Animals
What Can You Write About Rainforest Animals
Click on Follow Me to follow my store for updates and new products. You can find it under my store name.
Thank you for shopping at my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse