Rainforest Thematic Unit for Grades 3-4
US ENGLISH VERSION
Click Here to get our AUS NZ UK English Version
* This Rainforest Thematic Unit for Grades 3-4 contains the following information sheets, worksheets, activities and games:
* Where In The World - Information and worksheet about the main tropical rainforests in the world.
* Layers of a Tropical Rainforest – Information Sheet.
* Layers of a Tropical Rainforest - Comprehension.
* Find The Poison Dart Frog - Grid Co-ordinate exercise.
* Rainforest Words - Wordsearch.
* Rainforest Math - Word Problems.
* Save The Rainforest - Information sheet. Students are asked to write a letter asking people to help protect the Rainforests of the World; they must give good reasons in the letter.
* Comparing Rainforests - Information sheet on tropical and temperate rainforests. Students will use this information to complete the Compare and Contrast Worksheet.
* Treasures of the Rainforest - Report Writing. Students will write a report on one useful product that man obtains from a rainforest.
* Butterfly Symmetry - Students will color the butterfly template in perfect symmetry.
* Amazon Adventure - Students are asked to imagine they are a bio prospector searching for a plant or animal species in the rainforest. They are to write about their adventure and illustrate their story.
* Rainforest Patterns – Pattern exercise using rainforest animals.
* Rainforest Food Chain - Information sheet and comprehension questions and a food chain chart to be completed by students.
* Rainforest Animal Trading Card - Students will choose a rainforest animal they would like to learn more about, research it and complete the trading card provided.
* Poisonous Tessellations - A tessellation pattern exercise featuring the Poison Dart Frog.
* Amazon River Adventure - A game to test learning from the information and worksheets in this Thematic Unit.
* Create a Model Rainforest Canopy - Science experiment.
* All Answer Keys are included.
You can follow Very Busy Teachers by visiting:
How To For Teachers BlogVery Busy Teachers on FacebookVery Busy Teachers on PinterestVery Busy Teachers on Google+Very Busy Teachers on Twitter
Cover Image Clipart Reference - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Learning-about-The-Amazon-Rainforest-Clipart-by-Poppydreamz-1120396