What do theories and recent research in the field of psychology say about raising a child? In this unit, students will explore the fascinating world of children and learn how psychology can help caregivers by providing tips, activities, and proven strategies to appropriately raise kids. To conclude, students, applying what they learned throughout the unit, will create their own child care centers online using a free website design site.
This 2-4 week unit explores the following questions:
1) How can we provide child care that is developmentally appropriate for kids of all ages?
2) How can we apply certain developmental stages to make toddler television shows more intellectually appropriate?
3) Is spanking children developmentally appropriate?
4) How can we apply traditional and recent psychological theories to better motivate children?
5) How can we develop intelligence in a diversity of young learners?
6) How can creativity be taught and developed in children?
Movie Jumpstart, Week-Long Summative Project, and Extend the Lesson Resources Included!