Encourage your students to feel confident and excited about writing with these materials to accompany the humorous and engaging book Ralph Tells a Story by Abby Hanlon. Ralph can’t find a story no matter where he looks until finally, with the help of his classmates, he shares a great story about his adventures with a worm at the park. This is a great book for introducing the idea of personal narratives!
Please preview the product for a list of teaching suggestions that describes each activity included.
- Questions for before, during, and after reading
- Analyze the character of Ralph
- Activities to create story ideas
- Writing activity: Students share their own writing tips like Ralph did
- Template for students to write their own stories
- Ideas for helping classmates think of and build their stories
- Writing Funday Cards - Fun ideas for writing time