This Ramadan Thematic Unit from The Very Busy Teachers store on Teachers Pay Teachers contains 19 pages of information, worksheets and activities for use with Grades 3-4. It contains all relevant Answer Keys.
This unit contains the following:
• Ramadan Vocabulary Booklet - Students will cut out each image provided and staple them to make a booklet. They will then color the pictures and trace each vocabulary word.
• Ramadan Wordsearch
• Learning About Ramadan - Facts and information sheet for reading about Ramadan
• Learning About Ramadan - Comprehension questions.
• Ramadan Good Deeds Calendar - Students will make a Good Deeds Calendar for Ramadan.
• Praying at the Mosque - Information sheet with coloring activity.
• Lunar Calendar - Facts about the Muslim Lunar Calendar. Students will draw and label each moon phase in the diagram provided.
• Helping Others - During Ramadan Muslims help the poor. Fact sheet and writing activity.
• Fasting - Fact sheet and drawing activity about Ramadan fasting, the Suhur and Iftar .
• Making a Fanoos - Students will make a fanoos - the special lantern often hung from balconies and used to light up the dinner table during Ramadan.
• Design a Prayer Rug - Students will design their own prayer rug using a floral or geometric design.
• Henna Design - Some facts about this tradition during Ramadan - Students will trace their hand and create their own henna design.
• Find the Dates - Students will plot the co-ordinates to find the hidden dates.
• Write About It - Although there is a lot of celebrating with family and friends during Ramadan; fasting requires a great deal of self-control. On the lines provided students will write a paragraph about something they have done that took you a great deal of self-discipline.
You can follow Very Busy Teachers by visiting:
How To For Teachers BlogVery Busy Teachers on FacebookVery Busy Teachers on Pinterest