Updated links February 2017. Please redownload if you have previously purchased this file. This complete front loading packet for the epic poem Ramayana is designed for special education (or English Language Development teachers) to either share with the general education English Literature teacher; or work on in small groups. This packet covers the parts of the epic poem Ramayana that are normally skipped in English literature classes (even though these parts are very important to all students understanding this epic poem). You can "pick and choose" the parts you want to use (some are much more complicated than others). There are also accommodations for moderate/severe students (which will allow them access to the core curriculum at their level).
1) 39 pages total- most graphics are public domain (there are a few that are restricted and those pages are locked/non-editable);
2) 1 page Anticipated Student Outcome List;
3) 1 page Pre/Post Test;
4) 1 page Pre/Post Test (Answer Key);
5) 2 pages "Hook" Instructions;
6) 2 pages "Scroll" Activity;
7) 3 pages "Language Experience Approach" Activity;
8) 11 pages "Greek and Latin Roots and Main Character Traits intro through the use of Life Size Paper Dolls" Activity;
9) 1 page "Project Effort and Participation Rubric";
10) 3 pages "Jigsaw Small Cooperative Group - Sita's Abduction" Activity;
11) 9 pages "Extension Activities" - Includes coloring pages (or pictures) for most (but not all) main characters in Ramayana;
12) 1 page "Cumulative Assessment - Teacher Feedback Page."
After this, your students will be able to connect with the core curriculum text segments of Ramayana much more easily. Good luck and thanks for reading! Special Education - Peggy Simpson - Rescue Dogs' Series