Now part of my Back to School Bundle!!!
Gather information without saying a word!! Get to know students based on how they rank statements on a 5 point scale from strongly disagree to strongly agree. Chose from the 198 statements or customize your own for a game unique to each student.
Get to Know You Activity
The possibilities are endless!
198 color and 198 black + white Statement Cars, six small Ranking Labels, 6 large Ranking Labels (color and black and white copies of each)
Assembly is easy.
1) Print all pages (single-sided), on cardstock.
Laminate for durability.
2) Cut apart each Statement Car.
3) Glue to popsicle sticks.
4) Use your imagination to create 6 sorting areas. I love using tissue boxes a.k.a Ranking Lots. Place labels on your 6 sorting areas to create ranking system.
The rules are simple.
1) Chose the specific Statement Cars you want to utilize with the student. Choices depend on the reasoning behind your time together and time restrictions.
2) Explain the system of ranking to the student. Make sure they understand the words agree and disagree and understand the differences between the six ranking areas.
3) Explain the “Parking Garage”. This area is reserved for Statement Cars the student isn’t quite ready to deal with. We park those Statement Cars in the Parking Garage to pick back up later. If we’re lucky, sometime soon the Parking Garage Cars will be ready to be picked up and ranked. Be prepared to explain words written on the Statement Cars to students if necessary.
4) Once the student fully understands, have them pick a Statement Car one at the time and read the statement out loud. Have them think about how much they agree or disagree with the statement. Have them drop their statement into the appropriate parking spaces (any designated container/space).
In the end you will know a whole lot more about what the child thinks and feels. When appropriate, revisit anything that surprised or worried you.
I hope your students love this game!
The Crafty Counselor
Rank These Statements-Cars
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
Shelley M. Holt Clipart Design
KB3 Teach Fonts
Statements same as Statement Flowers.