PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Keep students engaged using this Helen Keller rap song as a figurative language activity with worksheets!
These figurative language worksheets are based on our Helen Keller biography rap song which explores Keller's childhood, her struggle with being deaf and blind, and her many accomplishments as she overcame this challenge. The song explains various events throughout Keller's life using similes and metaphors and contains many examples of figurative language.
Listen to the song in the preview!
These activities include:
- the song lyrics
- 6 multiple-choice, questions based on the song lyrics with the answer key
- 6 multiple-choice, questions based on the song lyrics with the answer key.
How to use these activities:
- Explain figurative and literal language using the instructions on page 1. Provide your own examples or ask for examples of each type from the class if necessary.
- Next, have students listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 2 and 3.
- Guide students through answering question 1 as a class. Review with them as necessary.
- Students will now answer the remaining 5 multiple-choice questions.
- Students will then complete the activities for identifying the meaning of figurative sentences on pages 4 and 5.
- The answer keys are on pages 6 - 8.
*Leave a review if you liked this activity.*
You may also like:
Copyright © 2019 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Music production credit: Haaru https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUICAcBe8gc
By Miscellaneous Items in High Demand, PPOC, Library of Congress - Library of CongressCatalog: https://lccn.loc.gov/2004668359Image download: https://cdn.loc.gov/service/pnp/cph/3b10000/3b15000/3b15700/3b15767r.jpgOriginal url: https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2004668359/, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=67474487
By Miscellaneous Items in High Demand, PPOC, Library of Congress - Library of CongressCatalog: https://lccn.loc.gov/2002706626Image download: https://cdn.loc.gov/service/pnp/cph/3b20000/3b26000/3b26000/3b26030r.jpgOriginal url: https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2002706626/, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=67158396
Used under CC BY (2.0) / Originals have been digitally mixed with other media.