Get your classroom movin' and a-groovin' and a-rappin' the ABC's!
*Lesson Objective: Children will practice learning and memorizing the alphabet through movement.
*Early Learning Standards Strands:
-Identify letters of the alphabet
*Academic Vocabulary: ABC’s, rap, learning, look, clap, stomp, hands, feet
*Sight Words (Dolch/Brigance): me, you, at, now, with, when, can
*Movement Strategies: Rhythmic Coordination
To see a sample of the this song and the movements go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I8b25ge8HiE
The download includes:
1. Introduction with Lesson Elements
2. MP3 of Rappin' The ABC's
3. Lesson Script to help you introduce the song and movements to your classroom complete with recommended booklists and activities to reinforce the learning concept.
4. Lyrics and Movement page
5. Visual Aids for teaching
6. Bridging Activity: Black Line Masters for printing
7. Activity Sheet for reinforcement
8. Parent Guide
9. Home Activity
10. Movement Video (to teach you the movements)
Additional Materials needed
Ribbon or Yarn (1 strand per child)
Rappin' The ABC's
by Music, Movement & Magination
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License