To solve the mystery, students will need to be able to find the slope using two points, the equation of a line and graphs
. Students follow clues, written and visual, to solve a mystery. An engaging way to practice, review or assess.
This resource includes:
- Detective Scenario
- Map of locations
- Clues involving the slope of linear equations
- Complete teacher's guide and answer key
This resource is now available for digital classrooms. The Slope Math Detective for Google Drive
is great for 1:1 classrooms.
Finding the slope is part of the common core standard 8.EE.B.6. and HSA-CED.A.2
A great addition to your pre-Algebra and Algebra class.
My students love this activity. Use at math centers, station activities or for whole class practice and review.
This activity works well with:
- Slope: Find the Slope from 2 points Interactive Notebook foldable (8.EE.B.6.)
- Slope: Find the Slope Using 2 Points Practice and Review Scavenger Hunt cards
If you like the math detectives, find more math detective, quests and adventures here.
Save by purchasing as part of a bundle of activities:
- Math detective fun: Math Detective for Algebra 1
- Just activities: Algebra 1: Algebra 1 Activities Bundle for centers and more(SAVE 30%+)
- All about Algebra 1: Algebra 1 Ultimate Teacher Resource Bundle
Slope resources include:
- Find the Slope from 2 points: Guided notes and practice
- Find the Slope from a Graph and an Equation: Notes and Practice (8.EE.B.6.)
- Slope: Find the Slope from 2 points Practice Activity (8.EE.B.6.)
- Slope: Find the Slope of an Equation Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.B.6)
- Slope: Find the Slope of a Graph Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.B.6)
- Slope: Find the Slope Using 2 Points Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.B.6
- Slope and Linear Equations: Snowflake Project
- Slope Math Detective: Mixed review activity
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.