Rates and Percentages in the “Real World” is a practical field activity that lets students practice budgeting, comparing prices, calculating discounts and sales tax, and community service, all at once!
For this activity, students will go gift-shopping for a family registered through a charity of your choice. They will be responsible to budget, plan, and shop. This project has a lot of flexibility and can be adapted to meet YOUR class’ needs best.
- Teacher Tips
- Assessment Options (Rubrics Included)
- The Chaperone’s Report
- Suggested Charities
- Teacher Planning Sheet
- Sample Shopping Guidelines
- Exit Quiz Answer Key
- Small Group Planning Sheet
- Purchases Record
- Project Portfolio Instructions (Assessment option 1)
- Pre-Activity Writing Prompts
- Post-Activity Reflection Writing Prompts
- Exit Quiz
This project pack is intended for use in a single classroom. If you would like to share with a colleague, please direct them to my TpT store or purchase additional licenses for them.
Alli Pfeifle at 47 Watermelons