Correlates to Levels 9 - 11 of the Ratio and Proportion Problem Solving Series.
These modified ratio and proportion lessons are unique because they break problem solving down into manageable chunks for struggling learners while teaching them to apply problem solving skills.
* Each worksheet comes with simplified notes on the left column that the students can easily reference while working.
* Two worksheets specific to each problem solving level (this
allows for differentiated homework.
* Two mixed practice worksheets included with each set purchased. Provides the practice and reinforcement needed for mastery.
Texas TEK 6.4B, 6.5A
Level 9: Key Ratio Words: to, for every, ratio of, averages
* (If) a number in the ratio changes, then find
Level 10: Key Words: out of every
* If there were (x) number total
Level 11: Key Words: NOT
* Two Step: solve the proportion, find the difference
These materials have proven to be an effective tool when modifying lessons for remedial students and providing mandated IEP modifications as it provides comprehensive and sequential remediation of skills, concepts, and problem solving applications.
Also available for purchase separately are:
* Multi-Level Ratio and Proportion Review Notes / Flash Cards. With the problem on the front and the answer with step by step problem solving directions on the back of each card, students are able to practice their problem solving skills independently.
note: I have received great feedback from parents that felt these
cards provided them with an effective structured approach
to home study.
* Two-Sided Problems Solving Task Cards provide the independent practice and immediate feedback needed for students to develop mastery. Ideal math center materials. The entire collection of task cards make a highly effective self paced remediation program.
Contents include 18 two-sided problem solving Task cards.
(problem on one side / answer on the back) Recommend printing cards at each level on different colored card stock and laminating.
After having received a lesson specific to each level, students work problems and check their answers which are on the back of each card. If student learns an answer is not correct they can reference their Fraction Review Cards for a quick independent reteach. After a student has independently gotten 3 or 4 problems correct he/she can request testing out which should occur the next day / session. (testing out on the same day does not demonstrate mastery)
note: Cards can be printed without answers as needed
note: I have just begun uploading this series. I am giving
priority to specific requests I have received. If you are
interested in multiple levels, i recommend purchasing the
fraction review cards first.
If you like these materials, I have similar materials in the Fraction Problem Solving Series
Levels 1 - 14 of the Fraction Problem Solving Series address all types of tested fraction problems that relate to identifying, comparing, and reducing fractions.
Levels 15 - 28 of the Fraction Problem Solving Series address all types of tested fraction problems that relate to converting, comparing, and ordering improper fractions, mixed numbers, decimals, and percent.
Levels 29 - 42 of the Fraction Problem Solving Series address all key types of tested fraction problems that relate to adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing fractions, decimals, mixed numbers, and percents.