This unit covers all levels of Bloom's Taxonomy for advanced middle school students and high school students. It includes:
1. KWL and Exit Slip worksheet
2. One page notes on ratios and proportions with examples
3. 10 questions conversions practice with answer key
4. Slam Dunk! activity that provides students with basic facts on five NBA players (Shaquille O'Neal, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson) as well as a Forbes Magazine Article on "How Michael Jordan Still Earns $80 million a year." Students will work with a partner to create 12 math problems based on the information given. They will then exchange their problems with another pair in their class.
5. 9 question unit price problem where students determine what's the better buy with answer key
These tasks/activities can be completed separately throughout the year or together as a unit.
Here's a list of other products you may like:
Linear Equations and Line of Best Fit Housing Market Project
Earth Day Math for grades 6-12: Conversions, Graphs, and more!
M&M Probability Web Project for High School Students
Mother's Day Math: Solving Equations; Finding Surface Area and Volume
Parallelograms Properties Fairy Tale
Pythagorean Theorem for Middle and High School
Symmetry Project: Reflection, Rotation, & Translation
Teach Inverse, Converse, & Contrapositive Kinesthetically
Unit Circle Project
Circumference, Area, and Equations of Circles Worksheets
Mean, Median, Mode, Range Practice Worksheet
Tic-Tac-Toe Review Activities for Algebra 2
Tic-Tac-Toe Review Activities for Geometry