Yes, a Mega Bundle
! You may now purchase a bundled package that contains an introduction to ratios, rate, and proportions, an introduction to percentages, and use of proportions to do percent change, discounts and markups, and tax and tip, all at discounted bundled price
. These units contain everything you need to introduce students to simple to sophisticated ratio, rate, unit rate, proportion, and percent concepts and ensure they understand and retain them! This product addresses sixth, seventh, and eighth grade common core standards, but can also be used for advanced fifth grade students. Use the various materials step-by-step, and your students will not only learn how to solve ratio, rate, proportion, and percent problems, but also discover why we use them and their incredible value and versatility in solving day-to-day real-world problems.
A description of each of the units included in this bundle is provided below. NOTE: Each unit may also be purchased separately if you are in need of only the contents of that unit
. Click on each product to obtain even more information.
1. Ratios, Rates, and Proportions Galore
– What are ratios and how are they used (warm-up activity, note-taking page, illustrated poetry, and worksheet)?
– What are rates and unit rates? How do they relate to ratios? How are they used to perform calculations, including better buy calculations (warm-up activity, note-taking page, illustrated poetry, and worksheet)?
– What are proportions? Determining if two ratios form a proportion. Solving for unknown values in proportions (two warm-up activities, two note-taking pages, illustrated poetry, and two worksheets) .
- Proportion Word Problems
– How can I set up a proportion to easily solve a problem that would otherwise be difficult to solve? Lots of word problem examples and practice (warm-up activity, note-taking page, and worksheet).
- Tricky Rate / Proportion Word Problem Challenge
– An exciting competition that serves as a review for the unit assessment.
- Rate / Ratio / Proportion Unit Assessment
2. Percent Proportions
- Understanding and Interpreting Percentages
– What are percentages? What different ways can they be represented? Interpreting percentages from a variety of displays (warm-up activity, guided notes, and practice problems).
- Part, Whole, or Percent?
– How can I use clues in any problem to determine which of these quantities I am looking for (guided notes, and practice problems)?
- Using Proportions to Perform PART Calculations
– Step by step method to find the part in computation and word problems (warm-up activity, a guided notes, and practice problems).
- Using Proportions to Perform PERCENT Calculations
– Step by step method to find the percent in computation and word problems (warm-up activity, a guided notes, and practice problems).
- Using Proportions to Perform WHOLE Calculations
– Step by step method to find the whole in computation and word problems (warm-up activity, a guided notes, and practice problems).
- Using Proportions to Find PERCENT, PART, AND WHOLE
– Progresses to computation and word problems that involve finding all three quantities (warm-up activity and worksheet).
- PERCENT/PART/WHOLE with FRACTIONS and DECIMALS
– Includes all three quantities but moves beyond just whole numbers (warm-up activity and worksheet).
- Tricky Percentage Problems
– Lots of word problems, but now with some extra twists that force students to pay even closer attention (warm-up activity and worksheet).
- Percent-Part-Whole Unit Assessment
3. Discounts, Markups, Percent Change, Tax, Tip Unit (using Percent Proportions)
- Calculating PERCENT OF CHANGE
– How can I calculate the percent of change (increase / decrease) given an original and new amount (warm-up activity, guided notes, and worksheet)?
- Calculating NEW AMOUNT
– How can I calculate the new amount given an original amount and a percent of change (warm-up activity, guided notes, and worksheet)?
- Poetry and Summary Sheet
– Fun introduction of all concepts in the unit using poetry/rap and overall summary sheet. Can be used repeatedly throughout the unit.
- Calculating DISCOUNT % and SALE PRICE
– Multiple methods to find discount percent given original and sale price, and sale price given original price and discount percent (warm-up activity, guided notes and worksheet).
- Calculating ORIGINAL AMOUNT in Discount Problems
– Finding original amount given sales price and discount percent (warm-up activity, guided notes, and worksheet).
- Calculating MARKUP % and SALE PRICE
– Multiple methods to find markup percent given cost to store and sale price, and sale price given cost to store and markup percent (warm-up activity, guided notes, and worksheet).
- Calculating COST TO STORE in Markup Problems
– Finding cost to store given sales price and markup percent (warm-up activity, guided notes, and worksheet).
- Calculating TAX, TIP and TOTAL COST
– Finding all three values for a meal or on other taxable purchases (warm-up activity, guided notes, and worksheet).
- Percent of Change, Discount, Markup, Tax/Tip Unit Assessment
Good luck in your use of this bundled Ratios, Rates, Proportions, and Percentages
Other products which deal with rates, ratios, and proportions include:
Ratios, Rates, and Proportions Galore
- As mentioned above, this complete unit teaches students the basics of ratios, rates, and proportions and is the ideal predecessor to Percent Proportions - The Complete Unit
- As mentioned above, this complete unit teaches students how to use proportions to find part, percent and whole. It is the ideal predecessor to Percent of Change, Discounts, Markups, Tax, Tip
Discounts, Markups, Percent Change, Tax, Tip Unit (using Percent Proportions)
. As mentioned above, this 70-page product addresses all of these concepts through more poetry, warm-ups, guided notes and illustrated worksheets, and also includes a comprehensive unit assessment.
Similar Figures in the Real World, An Outdoor Lesson
- Uses proportions to solve real world problems involving similar triangles.
- Uses ratios and rates to convert between measures and rates with different units.
Another product which deals with percentages is Tape Diagrams and Percent Made Easy for Common Core Standards
- a product similar to Percent Proportions - The Complete Unit
, but in which tape diagrams, rather than proportions, are used to calculate part, whole, or percent. Ideal for sixth grade Common Core standards.
Also feel free to check out a growing number of other products that use poetry, songs, games, worksheets, and assessments to make math fun and help students to learn a variety of common core math standards.
Click here to view Algebraic Equation Products
Click here to view Divisibility Rule Products
Click here to view Elementary to Middle School Transition Products
Click here to view Fraction Products
Click here to view Geometry Products
Click here to view Integer and Order of Operations Products
Click here to view Probability Products
Click here to view Ratio-Rate-Proportion Products
Click here to view Riddle Card Products that Help Retain Math Essentials
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.