The Common Core aligned packet contains 9 multi-page worksheets for each of the four standards related to ratios for Standard 6.RP.3.a-d. It also contains ten informational and "how-to" foldables or half-sheets that can be used in students' interactive math notebooks.
The worksheets are perfect for practice, homework, reinforcement, math stations, or assessment.
Click on the following links for related products:
Ratios and Proportional Relationships 6.RP.1-2
Ratio and Proportional Relationships Power Point
Ratio and Proportional Drawing
Ratios and Proportional Relationships Bundle 6.RP.1-3
Money and Entertainment: Multi-Step Scenario Task Cards (Decimals,Percentages)
FREEBIE Daily Practice Sheet for Week: 6.RP.1-3
Ratio and Proportional Relationships: Helps and Hints Posters for 6.RP.1-3
The following 2 products include data gathering that is then used to calculate fractions, decimals, and percents. Click the links to view:
Hurricanes, Fractions to Percents, Statistics, Graphing: Katrina & Co. Tasks 1-5
Hurricane, Fractions to Percents, Statistics, Graphing: Katrina & Co., Tasks 6-9
Table of Contents:
- The 6.RP Standards
- “Tables and Equivalent Ratios” Foldable for Students’ Interactive Math Notebook
- Making Tables of Equivalent Ratios
- Plotting Pairs of Value on a Coordinate Plane
- “Can Do” Ratio Practice Sheets for finding missing values in tables (6.RP.2 &
- “Can Do” Ratio Practice Sheets on creating tables of values and plotting pairs of
ratio value on a coordinate plane (6.RP3.a)
- “Solving Unit Rate Problems” Foldable for Students’ Interactive Math Notebooks
- What is Meant by Rate and Unit Rate?
- Finding Unit Rate and Using Unit Rate
- Using Tape Diagrams
- Double Number Line Diagrams
- Solving Problems by Setting Up Proportional Equations
- Solving Unit Rate Problems Using Equations
- “Can Do” Ratio Practice Sheets for Using a Double Number Line Diagram
- “Can Do” Ratio Practice Sheets for Using a Tape Diagram (6.RP.3b)
- “Can Do” Ratio Practice Sheets for Using Proportional Equations (6.RP.3b)
- “Can Do” Ratio Practice Sheets for Solving Unit Rate Problems (Choice) (6.RP.3b)
- Half-Sheet on Percent for Students’ Interactive Math Notebook (6.RP.3c)
- “Can Do” Practice Sheet for Finding Different Forms of a Percent (Decimal,
Fraction, Ratio) (6.RP.3c)
- Half-Sheet on Finding a Percent of a Whole Number for Students’ Interactive
- “Can Do” Practice Sheet for Finding a Percent of a Whole (6.RP.3c)
- “Can Do” Practice Sheet with Problems for Converting Measurement Units using
an equation (6.RP.3d)
Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems, e.g., by reasoning about tables of equivalent ratios, tape diagrams, double number line diagrams, or equations.
Make tables of equivalent ratios relating quantities with whole-number measurements, find missing values in the tables, and plot the pairs of values on the coordinate plane. Use tables to compare ratios.
Solve unit rate problems including those involving unit pricing and constant speed. For example, if it took 7 hours to mow 4 lawns, then at that rate, how many lawns could be mowed in 35 hours? At what rate were lawns being mowed?
Find a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100 (e.g., 30% of a quantity means 30/100 times the quantity); solve problems involving finding the whole, given a part and the percent.
Use ratio reasoning to convert measurement units; manipulate and transform units appropriately when multiplying or dividing quantities.