Small group fun with Ratio and Proportions Board Game based on the popular board game Sorry!
A fun and engaging way to review or practice ratio and proportions for middle school students!
Game intended for 2-4 players plus one student answer checker. Great for stations and small group activities. Whiteboards or scratch paper recommended. Clock or minute time needed.
How to Play:
1) Students cut out cards and player pieces. Since part of the game play is based on color, if you print out in black and white, have students color the board and player pieces based on a color example before play begins.
2) Groups decide who is the answer checker. This person is in charge of time limits and checking answers.
3) Player pieces begin on 'start.' The youngest player goes first. This player draws a card, reads it and has 1 or 2 minutes to find the solution.
4) If the player has the correct solution in time, then follow the directions on the card and move that number of spaces.
5) If a game piece lands on the beginning of a slide, the student must slide to the end, except when they are on their own color.
6) Two game pieces cannot occupy the same space at the same time. If a player slides, or lands on the same space as an opponent’s game piece, the player bumps the other player back to start. If a player slides, or lands on the same space as an opponent’s game piece, then they do not get to move.
7) the first person to get both pieces home wins!