"The mission of Common Core Math Solutions is to create engaging, highly effective resources for the math classroom"
This bundle includes 8 activities.
Objectives of Bundle:
1) Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add and subtract rational numbers
2) Develop a basic understanding of rational numbers
3) Rewrite mixed numbers or improper fractions as rational numbers
4) Determine the least common denominator by finding the LCM
5) Add fractions with like and unlike denominators
6) Rename fractions with a common denominator
7) Solve real world problems involving rational sums
8) Understand the subtraction of rational numbers as adding the additive inverse
9) Identify a mixed number and find the sum of mixed numbers
10) Find the difference between mixed numbers
11) Solve real-world problems involving the addition and subtraction of rational numbers
12) Apply and extend knowledge of multiplying rational numbers
13) Apply and extend knowledge of dividing rational numbers
14) Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to multiply rational numbers, using cross-reduction
15) Learn how to multiply mixed numbers
16) Evaluate expressions involving rational quotients
17) Use the reciprocal to determine the quotient of fractions
18) Apply and extend previous understandings of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions
19) Learn how to determine the quotient of mixed numbers
The PowerPoint lessons may be used for classroom instruction and the slides were designed to be used as printables.
An answer key is included with each activity.