Rational Numbers Match Up is a card game that require 3-6 players. It encourages fluency when converting between fractions, decimals, and percent while adding a fun twist and some competition.
The deck includes 120 cards (that will needs to be cut out ahead of time), however, I have grouped the pages by equivalent rational numbers so the game can be shortened by printing only certain pages.
Included equivalent rational number pages are for:
1/2, 1/3, 2/3, 1/4, 3/4, 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 1/6, 5/6, 1/8, 3/8, 5/8, 1/9, 2/9, 4/9, 5/9, 7/9, 8/9
1. Each player starts with 4 cards (do not show them) and put the remaining stack face down in the middle.
2. Player one lays down a card face up. (The youngest player starts, and from there it goes to the right.)
3. The first player to lay down an equivalent rational number gets to pick up the cards and add them to their stack to the side. (The player who laid the first card down cannot lay the second.)
4. Both players who laid down a card will retrieve a new card from the deck in the middle.
5. If there are no players that can lay down an equivalent card the player must take the card back and draw a new card.
6. Now the next person goes and so on…
7. Once there are no cards left in the middle stack the game is over.
8. The player who picked up the most cards wins!
You can also find this resource in my GROWING
7th grade math bundle while it's still at a discounted rate. click here to check it out: ❯❯❯ 7th Grade Math Mega Bundle ❮❮❮