This lesson on irrational numbers includes tools you can use to support 7th grade or 8th grade math units. Includes introduction to compound fractions. It meets TEKS 8.2B and CCSS on approximating irrational numbers on number lines. It includes guided notes, an exit ticket, homework, and a warm-up.
These materials are included in the Numbers and Operations Unit of the 8th Grade Math Curriculum Dropbox Folder. Please check your previous purchases before selecting these materials.
These materials will engage kids as they learn about this important math concept. Answer keys are included.
(1) Guided notes: information that gets straight to the point in easy-to-understand language and visuals.
(2) Mini-preview activity: Students will use grids to create square-shaped "garden beds" based on given areas.
(3) Exit ticket: small, but effective tool to assess student learning.
(4) Homework: reinforce the lesson at home.
(5) Warm-up: Start the next class with a review of multiplying rational numbers.
Each purchase of this product is for one individual teacher (licensee). The individual licensee can make copies for one classroom only. Please do not share this product with co-workers, grade levels, or within schools or districts without purchasing the appropriate number of licenses. Additional licenses are available on TeachersPayTeachers.com. Licensee may not upload this product to the Internet in any form. For additional information about licenses, please email me at email@example.com.
(c) 2016 Route 22 Edu