Objective: Students will be able to simplify rational expressions and understand characteristics of their graphs.
1) SMART file
2) Ship Numbers for groups of desks
1) White boards (something for students to write on and show answers)
2) Dry Erase markers
4) Notebook paper in case they need more space
5) Printer to print off Ship Numbers prior to game
1) Break students up into groups using the Random Group generator in the SMART file.
2) Click a "bomb" to "blow" up pirate ships. Start the timer!
3) When the timer runs out, check all teams' boards. If the team gets it right, add destroyed ships on their calculator.
4) Click and Drag "Skull" to reveal answer, work, and the number of ships destroyed. The more difficult the question, the more ships destroyed...mwhaha!
5) Click the "Canon" to go back to the game board to try another.
6) At the end of class, click the "Kraken/Octupus" in the corner of the board. This will open the hardest question.