This lesson packet is intended to establish foundational conceptual understanding of ratios. This lesson breaks down the basics of ratios in an easy-to-understand format that guides students in a way that encourages higher level thinking, making connections between concepts, and scaffolds thinking to optimize understanding of ratios.
Students will learn:
- the definition of a ratio
- part to part, part to whole, whole to part ratios
- order matters when expressing a ratio
- how to write a ratio
- different ways to express a ratio
- equivalent ratios
- how to prove when ratios are equivalent
- ratio tables
The packet includes:
- A five page Understanding Ratios lesson handout
- A KWL chart for your ratios unit
- An exit slip for assessment
- Teacher notes for the five page Understanding Ratios lesson
The exit slip is short and concise, but provides you with invaluable information on how well your students have understood the ratio lesson.
If you like this product, please kindly leave a comment! I'd like to hear how you've used this lesson in your classroom.
I hope you find this product useful!
Check out my Ratio Tape Diagram Problem Solving Task Cards
Thank you, and have a great day.