Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.86 MB | 6 pages
This station review activity was designed to be used with my seventh grade honors students because, in addition to the common core standards for ratios and proportional relationships, it includes some linear functions topics that relate to these standards.
For this station activity, students must understand how to:
- determine whether a table or graph shows a proportional relationship and explain their reasoning
- determine the constant of proportionality from a table or graph
- write the equation of the proportional relationship from a table or graph
- state the unit rate from a graph of a proportional relationship
- graph linear functions (y=kx) using a table of values
- graph linear functions (y=kx) using the slope-intercept method
- determine the slope of a line from a graph
- given a verbal description, complete a table, state the independent and dependent variables and explain, determine the unit rate, write an equation that represents the relationship and explain why it is proportional or not
Logistics: I usually make enough copies of each station for every student to have one. I put them into folders and as the students rotate, they take a copy from the folder. At the end of the class, they will have a 6-page review packet to use as a study guide
Note: I have a classwork review assignment that I use the day before this activity for more practice. You can find it on my store page. It is called "Ratios & Proportional Reasoning Review Classwork." There is also a homework assignment to follow this activity ("Ratios &Proportional Reasoning Review Homework"). They can also be found on my store page.